Our second Autocross for the 2017 season was at the same place as the last Autocross, in Ohoka. Thanks to Raewyn and Mike Barltrop for letting us use their land.
Congratulations to Andrew Sim (Fiesta) for winning 1st overall and our class winners; Class 1 0-1300cc Blake Murch (Starlet), Class 2 1301-1600cc David Birkett (Levin), Class 3 1601cc + Sean Sands (Escort), Class 4 4WD Matt Penrose (WRX), Class 5 Road Car (no rally tyres) Turner Harris (Moke).
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Entry is only $30 per driver.
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- Licence requirements; a minimum of MotorSport New Zealand Clubsport (Competition) Licence. Those who do not have a Competition Licence may enter on their Civil Drivers Licence.
- Autosport Club rules for Autocross can be found in section 3 of our Club Championship Articles
- It’s incredibly cheap funand great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Car must meet Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual or be WOF standard. Often small road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual.
- You must have a Motorsport NZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual