David Fahey on his way to winning the 2019 Grass Autocross at Sefton. Huge thanks to Allan Pritchard from River Retreat Photography.
Our last event for the 2019 Autosport Club Championship season was a grass autocross, an awesome way to finish the year. We returned to one of our favourite paddocks in Sefton.
Congratulations to David Fahey (Escort) who held off two Mini drivers by 0.85 seconds to take the overall win. Well done to our class winners 0-1300cc Class 1 Mike McDonald (Mini), 1301 – 1600cc Class 2 Dylan Thompson (Fiesta), 1601+cc Class 3 Rene Spijkerman (Escort), 4WD Class 4 Sam Gardiner (Legacy) and Road Car Class 5 John Rathgen (Pulsar).
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Entry is only $30 per driver.
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- It’s incredibly cheap funand great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Car must meet Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual or be WOF standard. Often small road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual.
- You must have a Motorsport NZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual