Our first event without Kevin Corin taking photos for us. We miss Kevin who gave not only his photos to our club but was a good friend to many. May he rest in peace.
Our third autocross for 2018 was at the same grass paddock as our last autocross in Okuku. It’s a nice, big paddock. Thanks to Wayne Summerfield for letting us use it.
It was another Mini that won the autocross which makes it three from three 2018 autocross’ but this time it was Karl Celeste in the yellow Mini leading Adrian Harris (Moke) and Daniel Males (Mini). When was the last time a Mini or Mini variant finished 1, 2, 3 at a motorsport event?
Congratulations to our class winners 0-1300cc Class 1 Mike Pentecost (Mini), 1301-1600cc Class 2 Andrew Sim (Starlet), 1601+CC Class 3 Phil Walker, 4WD Class 4 Mantez Singh-Thandi (80 Quattro) and Road Car no rally tyres and current WOF Turner Harris (Moke).
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Enter on the day, only $30 per driver.
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- Autosport Club rules for Autocross can be found in section 3 of our Club Championship Articles
- It’s incredibly cheap funand great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Car must meet Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual or be up to WOF standard. Often small road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual.
- You must have a helmet indicating it meets an approved standard. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual