Our first event for 2018 was a grass autocross in Okuku. It’s a paddock we’ve raced around before and it’s heaps of fun. Congratulations to Mike Pentecost (Mini) who took out 1st place overall in the slippery, muddy conditions under consistent light rain. Well done to our class winners Class 1 0-1300cc Daniel Males (Mini), Class 2 1301- 1600cc Ari Pettigrew (Corolla), Class 3 1601+cc Andrew Sim (Fiesta), Class 4 4WD Lawrence Best (Impreza WRX) and Class 5 Kris Celeste (Caldina). 43 drivers braved the weather which was really cool to see.
For the latest news and regular updates check out our Facebook page.
Mike Pentecost skillfully carving the mud in his Mini on his was to 1st overall, well done. Photos thanks to Kevin Corin Photography.
Winner Class 1 0-1300cc Daniel Males (Mini), Winner Class 2 1301- 1600cc Ari Pettigrew (Corolla)
Winner Class 3 1601+cc Andrew Sim (Fiesta), Winner Class 4 4WD Lawrence Best (Impreza WRX)
Winner Class 5 Road Car Kris Celeste (Caldina), Winning Timing Crew Sarah Brennan, Malcolm Read and Graham Wilson.
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Entry is only $30 per driver.
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- Autosport Club rules for Autocross can be found in section 3 of our Club Championship Articles
- It’s incredibly cheap funand great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Car must meet Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual or be up to WOF standard. Often small road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual.
- You must have a helmet indicating it meets an approved standard. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual