Our second Autocross was again at our popular Okuku paddock. It was round 2 of our Autosport Autocross Championship.
Congratulations to Karl Celeste for taking out 1st overall in his Mini, just able to hold off a late charge from Matt Penrose in 2nd place who got lost on run 1. An impressive Darryl Malloch had to fight a close battle for 3rd. Well done to our class winners Adrian Harris in his Moke Class 1 0-1300cc, Matthew Sisson in his Familia Class 2 1301-1600cc, Ari Pettigrew in his BMW Class 3, Jeff Judd in his WRX Class 4 4WD, Ben Gill in his WRX Class 5 Road Car.
For the latest news and regular updates check out our Facebook page.
Karl Celeste on his way to 1st overall at the Autocross #2 Okuku.
Kevin Corin also took some photos. Check out his photos on his Facebook page.
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- Autosport Club rules for Autocross can be found in section 3 of our Club Championship Articles
- It’s incredibly cheap funand great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Any car that has a WOF or Motorsport NZ logbook. Often small, automatic road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual.
- You must have a Motorsport NZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual
From Rangiora head north over the Ashley river bridge and stay on Loburn Whiterock road for 6.3kms, then turn left into Hodgsons road. Continue on this road for 8.4 kms and the venue will be signposted on your right.