Our first event for 2023 was on Sunday 22nd January 2023 Darfield Grass Autocross
44 Entrants turned up on the day including 3 Father and Daughter/Son teams for a new paddock that had undulating paddock and great to stretch the legs with rally tyres on
A couple of courses and 5 runs and a nice hot day
Brody Cattermole in the first run out with the new to the Cattermole’s Subaru WRX won the day in a close fought day with his dad Steve Cattermole double running the car, With David Fahey coming second in his Toyota powered Ford Escort and nipping at his heals was Daniel Males in 3rd in the mini
Reminder for Autocross events:
– $40.00 including GST per competitor.
– Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
– Autosport Club rules for Autocross can be found in section 3 of our Club Championship Articles
– It’s incredibly cheap fun and great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
– Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
– Car must meet Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual. WOF or Motorsport NZ logbook is ideal. Often small, automatic road cars are hard to beat!
– You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual.
– You must have a Motorsport NZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual