Our first event for the year was also round 1 of our Autosport Autocross Championship. It was also round 1 of the 2016 Interclub Championships between the local Canterbury Clubs; RATEC, Canterbury Car Club, Ashburton Car Club and Autosport.
It was a great start to 2016, a return to the Okuku Autocross paddock with 31 entries! It was a hot and dusty day with a very fast and flowing course. Very competitive times across the whole field made it a tense battle, great fun!
Congratulations to Matt Summerfield for taking out 1st overall in Barry Varcoe’s Celica, ahead of second equal Ari Pettigrew BMW 318 and Neil Gardner BZR7 (Lotus 7 replica) by 3 seconds over the three courses.
For the latest news and regular updates check out our Facebook page.
Matt Summerfield on his way to 1st overall at the Okuku Autocross 14th Feb 2016.
Autosport Club rules for Autocross can be found in section 3 of our Club Championship ArticlesDirections:
From Rangiora head north over the Ashley river bridge and stay on Loburn Whiterock road for 6.3kms, then turn left into Hodgsons road. Continue on this road for 8.4 kms and the venue will be signposted on your right.
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- It’s incredibly cheap fun and great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Any car that has a WOF or Motorsport NZ logbook. Often small, automatic road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Motorsport NZ schedule A.
- You must have a Motorsport NZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual