It was a very dusty last event for the 2015 season at the Okuku autocross. We had been kindly donated the use of the awesome paddock which we used last in 2009. A huge field of 33 competitors lined up to have a skid on the grass, some were long-time, experienced members and others were having a go at driving a car for the very first time! Fun was had by all.
Congratulations to Chris Herdman who beat the field by a massive 11 seconds, leaving Jayden Tainui and Josh Mitchell behind in second and third respectively. Check out the full results below.
For the latest news and regular updates check out our Facebook page.
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- You’ll need a valid civil drivers license.
- For $20 it’s incredibly cheap fun and great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Any car that has a WOF & Reg or Motorsport NZ logbook. Often small, automatic road cars are hard to beat!
- You must have 100% cotton or approved flame proof overalls according to Motorsport NZ schedule A.
- Motorsport NZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual
Documentation: 9am – 10am
Drivers Briefing: 10:30am
Start Time: 10:45am