Twenty three drivers learned some car control skills and raced around a paddock in our third Autocross for the 2015 season. Damp, patchy conditions made it tough to pick good lines and braking points. Many drivers got unstuck and made mistakes. Mike Pentecost drove calm and clean to take a well deserved 1st place overall in his immaculate works-replica Mini, leaving some embarrassed modern 4WD’s in his wake.
Reminder for Autocross events:
- Anybody is welcome to join in (you don’t need to be a club member).
- You’ll need a valid civil drivers license, 100% cotton overalls and an approved helmet.
- For $20 it’s incredibly cheap fun and great way to becoming a better driver on the road.
- Bring your mates and find out who is the true, fastest driver among you.
- Any car that has a WOF & Reg or Motorsport NZ logbook. Often small, automatic road cars are hard to beat at these events!
- 100% cotton overalls
- MotorsportNZ approved helmet. Read what that means in Schedule A of the Motorsport NZ Manual
For the latest news and regular updates check out our Facebook page.
From Rangiora go across the Ashley river bridge, then go right down Fawcetts road. Carry on until you reach Sefton then turn right onto Toppings road (opposite petrol station). Carry on for approx. 500m and turn left into the driveway marked with Autocross sign.
From Christchurch head north on the motorway. After Waikuku stay on the main road and you will cross the Ashley river. 500m after the bridge take the left onto Wyllies road. Stay on this road for 3.5km and it will become Toppings road. Look for the driveway marked with Autocross sign on your right.
Click here for a full map on Google Maps